Experience the Real New Zealand!!
Experience the real New Zealand at our Otago lodge!
Choose to relax in the serenity of your secluded boutique accommodation, or experience some of the best activities and sights New Zealand has to offer:
- Walk the tracks where you can admire numerous mini waterfalls, open farmland, abundant birdlife, beautiful ferns and native trees.
- Step outside of your boutique accommodation to explore 2000 ha of fascinating rolling hill country.
- In season,spot trout that come up the river to spawn, or go eeling.
- Bring your horse or mountain bike and ride various farm tracks, local roads and hills.
- Relax in the cosy yet luxurious log cabin, in front of the large open fire or sit out on the large deck overlooking the natural wonders of Otago, New Zealand.
- Take a stroll over the farm land past streams and ponds. Spot the geese and paradise ducks or listen to the frogs singing on your way.
- Treat yourself to a unique experience by relaxing in our private outdoor instant hot water bath set overlooking native bush, taking in the magical view with a glass of local wine
- Order a gourmet basket of food when you book and it will be there for you ready when you arrive. You can savour the delicious wholesome meals using fresh produce from the local area. Fitted with a menu and instructions on how to cook it all – it is self-catering made easy so you can concentrate on your holiday at our cosy lodge.
- Enjoy your own “Dinner In’ experience. Sit on the deck overlooking the beautiful valley or sip wine in front of the roaring fire, while your own personal Chef serves you a delicious Entrée, Main and Dessert in your very own log cabin retreat…a unique and special experience.
- Tackle one of the local day walks which provide some of Otago’s most stunning scenery.
- Use Cascade Creek Retreat as a base and get picked up or dropped off at the Otago Rail Trail start in Clyde or the Clutha Gold Trail start in Lawrence.
- Take a day trip to the Catlins – try surfing or kayak to spot the yellow-eyed penguins and playful seals.
- Enjoy a touch a fruit picking just a short drive away at the start of Central Otago.
- Discover the Otago peninsula by bicycle – voted in lonely Planets top 10 cycle rides in the world. Or alternatively drive out to Taiaroa Heads to observe the Albatross in their natural environment.
Everything you need for a memorable NZ getaway.
Cascade Creek Retreat is just an easy drive to beaches, rivers, sightseeing and daytrip locations. We invite you to enjoy the many opportunities for relaxation and exploration that our lodge has to offer; contact us now to find out more, or make a booking for your romantic getaway or secluded retreat.